I love it when I'm getting ready for an art fair...
it makes me stop and think about the things I make and makes me try
out some new ideas.
It's good to try and keep things fresh,
especially when you are having a stand at somewhere you've been before, so
it's time for me to diversify a little and venture into new makes.
So, with this in mind, I ordered a bottle of resin with the fabulous idea of making wonderful rings and things.
I had wonderful ideas of how they would look and how easy it was all going to be.
Funny how things don't quite turn out as you expect.
The resin arrived, was unwrapped and mixed (outside) and poured into my ring blanks...
then I dropped them, tipped over the resin and it started to rain.
Not quite what I had planned.
as I don't like to give up on things,
I put them inside in the laundry room to hopefully help them set.
I think by now (if you've managed to stop laughing) you can guess what happened next.
Yes, they were sticky and very smelly.
So NOT fabulous.
not to be outdone,
I carved the resin out and had a brainwave about using paperclay instead.
So that's what I did.
Not too shabby for a first try.
I made a new mixed media journal cover too,
this chicks got a cute bob cut.
I did some doodling in an old altered book thingy (I think I mentioned it on the last post),
I'm planning to cut the pages out and frame some to sell too.
I do like to try new things, and it's good to diversify